SPARC operates an 18-bed adult acute care Chemical Dependency Crisis Unit at St. Peter's Hospital, Albany, NY. The program offers safe withdrawal from alcohol, heroin and other opiates, and sedatives.
All treatment services are provided in a tobacco-free environment and confidential setting. These services include:
- psychosocial assessment
- medically-managed withdrawal
- psychiatric assessment
- variable length of stay
- medication monitoring
- medical evaluation and stabilization
- treatment and discharge planning
- support for family and friends
- suboxone and opiate treatment services
- tobacco recovery services
- spirituality and twelve step groups
After detoxification, persons are referred to the next appropriate level of care and support groups.