Close and Convenient
State-of-the-art imaging technologies – in the expert hands of experienced professionals – are close and convenient for you and your family. All part of our comprehensive, compassionate care.
St. Peter’s Hospital has five locations offering medical imaging and radiology services:
- St. Peter’s Hospital, 315 S. Manning Blvd., Albany –This facility offers both inpatient and outpatient services. Please use the main hospital entrance.
- St. Peter's Breast Center, 317 South Manning Blvd. Suite 305, Albany – Please use the main St. Peter’s Hospital entrance to access the Breast Center. This location offers a full scope of services including 3D mammography.
- St. Peter’s Breast Center Washington Avenue Mammography, 1365 Washington Ave., Suite 201, Albany – This location offers mammography and DEXA bone density scans.
- Nuclear Medicine Department, 317 South Manning Blvd., Suite 150, Albany – Please use the main St. Peter’s Hospital entrance to access the Nuclear Medicine Dept. This department offers a full scope of services.
- Mercycare Medical Campus Building, 319 South Manning Blvd., Suite 401, Albany – This building is located on the St. Peter’s Hospital Campus. This location offers outpatient services including: general radiography, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and computed tomography (CT).
Digital mammographies are among the services available at the St. Peter's Breast Center. The Breast Center combines prompt care with the most modern and specialized breast-imaging technology available. St. Peter's Breast Center also partners with patients and their physicians in the early detection, diagnosis and treatment of breast disease.
Our radiologists, PAs and technical staff are board certified, and our nursing staff is board certified and cardiac trained. All of our radiology staff is certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Our radiologists are certified in subspecialties for all modalities.
With some of the most experienced staff in the region, St. Peter's performs more than 160,000 medical imaging procedures annually. We offer the latest technology in:
- digital flouroscopy;
- bone densitometry (DEXA);
- 3D mammography (tomosynthesis);
- digital mammography;
- magnetic resonance imaging (MRI);
- cardiac MRI;
- computed tomography (CT or CAT Scan);
- positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT)
- diagnostic and breast ultrasound; and,
- picture archive communications system (PACS).
St. Peter's PACS (Picture Archive and Communications System)
St. Peter's now has an enterprise-wide PACS system which allows us to store, retrieve and send all medical imaging examinations performed at St. Peter's anywhere within our organization. This electronic system allows physicians to read or review these studies from their offices, from home or from the hospital (as long as the physician has privileges at St. Peter's). These studies are stored electronically on-site and because film is no longer needed, the chance for studies to be lost or misplaced is virtually zero. An unlimited number of providers can access the images at the same time.