Outpatient Psychiatry & Counseling
We can help. Our licensed clinical social workers are experienced in helping individuals understand their emotions and to overcome their unique challenges in order to restore balance and a sense of well-being in their lives.
Psychotherapy services include counseling for:
- coping with life transitions;
- coping with chronic illness/disability;
- stress management;
- preparation for/coping with bariatric (obesity) surgery/treatments; and,
- grief and loss.
Patients receiving psychotherapy may also have access to a psychiatrist for psychiatric evaluations, medication evaluation and medication management.
Stress Management Group for Cardiac Health
This group meets for two, one-hour sessions. You will learn how your stress impacts your heart health and new ways to reduce and manage the stressors in your life.
To utilize services provided by St. Peter's Outpatient Behavioral Health, patients must be:
- an adult, 18 years of age or older;
- actively seeking psychotherapy (psychiatric treatment is not provided independent of therapy);
- able to participate safely in an outpatient treatment program; and,
- a patient who utilizes the St. Peter's health care system.
To Receive Counseling
Contact Outpatient Psychiatry & Counseling at 518-525-1304 to request counseling. You will be asked to complete a brief telephone screening to determine your eligibility.
Paying for Treatment
St. Peter's maintains provider relations with most major insurance plans. In addition, Charity Care and a sliding scale are available for those who are uninsured/underinsured and who meet eligibility criteria.
Administrative Support: Alexis Bell
Psychiatry: Gregory LaVigne, MD; Angelo Potenciano, MD
Psychotherapy: Raymond Hare, LCSW-R; Kristine Weidner, LCSW-R
Directions to Our Office
- Please use the Free Valet Service and bring your parking ticket with you for validation.
- From the main entrance, follow signs to elevator A.
- Take elevator A to the first floor.
- From the first floor, locate the directory and follow signs to elevator G.
- Take elevator G to the 6th floor and exit.
- The Behavioral Health offices are located down the hall, on your left, in Suite 6512.
Mental Health Links