Resources for PALS
At the ALS Center, we help you navigate your journey with ALS. The center is a great resource for answers to your questions about occupational and physical therapy, along with equipment needs. If we don't know an answer, we will be happy to help you find one. Click here for some valuable tips and information.
- ALSA - Official website of the ALS Association. Contains a lot of information for pALS, families, caregivers and health professionals. Lists the latest development in research and advocacy. Their "Informative Links" page is extensive.
- MDA - Official website of the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Visit the ALS Division of the site for the latest on research and create a "Muscle Team," a private, personal and secure website for your own community of friends and family where updates and photos can be posted and a "care coordinator calendar" created. Tasks are formed and community members sign up to help with care, errands, meals, etc.
- ALS Independence - This site is dedicated to the many pALS and cALS living with this terrible disease as well as those who have lost their battles. It links to news information and a weekly newsletter.
- Department of Veterans Affairs - provides links to veterans benefits and services, as well as information and resources for other Departmental programs and offices.
- Your ALS Guide - Trusted tips, resources, and information for your ALS journey.
- ALS News Today
Forums for Connecting With Other pALS and cALS:
Resources for Caregivers:
National Alliance for Caregivers - nonprofit coalition of national organizations focusing on issues of family caregiving.
Caring Today - the online site of CaringToday magazine. "Focuses on providing real, practical advice for the family caregiver."
Compassionate Care ALS - "a nonprofit organization whose goal is to provide individualized support to pALS families and caregivers."
Family Caregiver Alliance - part of the National Center on Caregiving, provide information, education, services, research and advocacy support and substantial port work of all of families nationwide caring for loved ones with chronic disabling health conditions.
CaringBridge.org - A "prescription to improve communication and support, and reduce stress! Free, personal, private patient and family websites.
ALS Guardian Angels Foundation
The ALS Guardian Angels Foundation was formed in November of 2007 by Stuart Millheiser. Stu was so touched by a family he knew dealing with ALS that he decided then and there that this would be his ultimate gift, the gift of helping others dealing with this terrible disease. ALS Guardian Angels offers grants to help families with expenses not covered by Medicare, Medicaid, insurance and other reimbursement programs. Recipients may apply for grants, grants approval will be based on need and available funds.
The ALS Guardian Angels Foundation
33761 Limerick Lane
San Juan Capistrano, CA 9267
*Disclaimer: Due to the quickly changing nature of research, current trials/information may not always be current. St. Peter's Health Care Services makes no representations whatsoever about any other website which you may access through this one. When you access a non-St. Peter's Health Care Services website, please understand that it is independent from St. Peter's Health Care Services, and that St. Peter's Health Care Services has no control over the content on that website. In addition, a link to a non-St. Peter's Health Care Services website does not mean that St. Peter's Health Care Services endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website.